- Born in Macao and later moved to Hong Kong.
- Started learning Martial Arts at the age of 10.
- Practiced North Shaolin Kung Fu (emphasis on kicking) for 4 years.
- At 14, began learning Taekwon-Do from Master Kwak Jae Yong (7th degree World Taekwon-Do Federation (WTF)).
- Obtained my 1st degree black belt at age 17 and became assistant instructor in Hong Kong Taekwon-Do Chung Do Kwan.
- In 1980, obtained 2nd degree black belt and started competing and became Light Weight Champion at the "All Hong Kong Taekwon-Do Chun Do Kwan Championships".
- Came to Canada in 1982 and continued training under Master Park Jung Taek (7th degree International Taekwon-Do Federation (ITF)).
- Became Assistant Instructor and there after head instructor in Jung Park Taekwon-Do in Orleans and head instructor in Lu's Taekwon-Do Orleans.
- In 1989, started Kou's Taekwon-Do in the East end of Ottawa, and in 1990 a school in the West end. Just recently oppened a new location in Kanata (2000).
- Currently Head Instructor at these locations teaching Taekwon-Do, Nunchuku and TaeCardio.
- Currently training under General Choi Hong Hi, the Legendary Founder of Taekwon-Do, 9th degree black belt, president of the International Taekwon-Do Federation.
About Kou’s Taekwon-Do School
Professional Achievements in Taekwon-Do
- Member of International Taekwon-Do Federation (I.T.F.)
- Member of Canadian Taekwon- Do Federation International (C.T.F.I.)
- Member and a Director of the Ontario Taekwon-Do Federation International (O.T.F.I.)
- Certified Fifth degree black belt from the International Taekwon-Do Federation
- Recognized Fifth degree black belt by the C.T.F.I. and the O.T.F.I.
- Certified International Instructor
- Certified International Examiner
International ITF Qualifications
- 1st degree Black Belt (HKWTF) - 1978
- 2nd degree Black Belt (HKWTF) - August 1981
- 3rd degree Black Belt (ITF) - August 1984
- 4th degree Black Belt (ITF) - March 1988
- 5th degree Black Belt (ITF) - November 1992
- 6th degree Black Belt (ITF) - April 1997
- 7th degree Black Belt (ITF) - March 2003
- International Instructor Training Courses - Aug/1989, Mar/1991, Jan/1993, Nov/1994, Nov/1996
- 1st ITF World Conference and Seminar - Apr/1996
- 1985 - Intercontinental Cup Champion, Canadian Champion, Canadian Team Member
- 1986 - Canadian National Champion
- 1988 - Ontario Team Champion
- Ontario Fitness Council - Group Fitness Instructor Course
- The Canadian Red Cross Society, Basic Life Support